World Floor Coverings
Carpet Care and Maintenance
At World Floorcoverings, we recommend frequent care and maintenance to keep your new carpet looking beautiful and feeling plush. We understand you don’t necessarily have a lot of time to invest in upkeep but following some simple and easy care and maintenance tasks will ensure the longevity of your carpet. Some tips:
- Establishing a preventative maintenance routine that works with your current cleaning schedule is a great first step (pun intended)!
- Remove outdoor shoes before walking across your carpet so you don’t track dirt inside the house
- Use a good quality carpet pad for additional support.
- For most of our products, daily to weekly vacuuming with a manufacturer-approved appliance is really all you need to keep your carpets looking and feeling great!
- Find more vacuum cleaning tips for our Shaw Floors carpets HERE.
We also suggest either scheduling a professional cleaning or giving your carpets a DIY shampoo at home (ONLY if recommended by your carpet manufacturer’s guidelines) periodically throughout the year. Regardless of what kind of care and maintenance routine you establish for yourself, make sure you’re following the recommendations of your carpet manufacturer, to ensure maximum effectiveness and a beautiful end result.
Incorporate a deeper clean for your carpet into your spring cleaning to remove any wintery residue, or at the first signs of autumn to prepare your home for each new season.
Stain Removal Tips
If you entertain a lot or have young children and pets, messes will inevitably fall onto your carpet over a period of time, no matter how hard you try to be careful. Many of our carpets are sold with stain-resistant technology built into the fibers.
Your first inclination when it comes to common household stains (like spilled milk, pet accidents or makeup stains) is to just jump right in and clean up the mess. Before you tackle cleaning any spills, stains or soils on your new carpet, first establish whether it’s an oil-based stain or water-based stain, then consult our common stain removal guides in the additional resources below. Some messes will just wipe away with a cleaning cloth while others will require comprehensive stain removal directions, so it’s best to consult with our common stain removal guide.
Looking for additional information about upkeep for your carpet? Bookmark this list of additional care and maintenance tips plus stain removal resources to help keep your carpets looking beautiful.